*Additional variable fees including Booking, Credit Card & Handling charges and Payment Processing Fees may be levied at purchase
New exhibits and facilities were developed over time. The Giraffe House was completed in 1923, the Aquarium in 1927, Floral Clock in 1928, Tahr Mountain in 1932 and the Tiger Pits in 1939. Under the directorship of Edward Hallstrom in the 1940's - 1960's several new exhibits were built including those for larger cats, koalas, apes and gorillas.
After a critical review in 1967, a new era in the style and philosophy for the operation of Taronga began which reflected the new emphasis on scientific research, conservation and education. Many new exhibits were built starting with the Platypus and Nocturnal Houses, waterfowl ponds and walkthrough Rainforest Aviary. A Veterinary Quarantine Centre was built as was an Education Centre (funded by the Department of Education). Previous attractions such as elephant rides, miniature trains, monkey circus and merry-go-round gave way to educational facilities such as Friendship Farm and Seal theatre.